December Monthly Newsletter
www.enjoyrnr.com • (484)903-9808
Tis’ the season to be jolly. Fa La La La La, La La La La. The song has been singing in my ear for months. I love fall, I love Christmas. I just can’t imagine a better time of year. The prepping (call me crazy), the baking, the love and family just surround you. It’s unmatchable. This year our company has been extremely busy. The Holiday Cure has been a huge success which leads us to more staff! So keep your eyes peeled for our newest members!
The Holiday Cure is only HALF WAY OVER! So jump on the savings now, because we are always filling up! We only do these discounts but twice a year, so take advantage! There is no better time, use our newest steam cleaner that disinfects as it cleans! Contact us at 484-903-9808 for more cleaning details. We are still 20% off all hourly cleanings, steam cleanings and organization! But here is our promotion!
Organization Idea of the Month
Make a list and check it twice! This time of year is a stressful time on everyone’s pocket book. So you need to plan, save and execute your plan. A great tip to budget and never spend too much, is to open a savings account and every month threw out the year, have an automatic withdrawal of a certain amount of money taken out and to be put into the savings account, and call this your Christmas Budget. Now come the holiday time of year you divide how much you will spend on each person, family or child. And write down the budget on your Christmas List. I have attached a great Christmas List to follow.
Here are some needed tips for this year and coming years:
- Start buying gifts after Christmas to take advantage of the clearance sales.
- Pick up wrapping paper, cards, and other gift giving supplies after Christmas.
- Always keep an eye for gifts, all year long. Have a tote devoted all year to “gifts”. This tote also comes in handy when it comes to unexpected birthdays!
Cleaning Idea of the Month
It’s the time of the year when you start to turn up the heat. And this means your skin starts to dry out. So you break out your humidifier. It’s perfect! That is what you need! But what you don’t need is the mold, mildew or bacteria that grow in it. So let’s get rid of it. Now there is a difference between, CLEANING and DISINFECTING. I’ll tell you both.
- Unplug your humidifier. Remove the filter and rinse with cool water underneath the faucet. You never want to use any kind of cleaning solutions on humidifier filters because chemicals can cause permanent damage. Set the clean filter on a towel and let any excess water drip off.
- Remove the water tank. Pour a generous amount of undiluted white vinegar in to the base of your humidifier and let sit for 30 minutes. Swish the solution around the container making sure that it coats the entire base. Then remove any residue or build-up by gently scrubbing with the soft bristle brush. Repeat the scrubbing process a second time on areas that need it. Rinse THOROUGHLY.
- Once you have cleaned the humidifier, you should disinfect it by filling the water tank with clean water and adding one teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Gently swish the solution to coat the tank evenly, and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes. Rinse THOROUGHLY.
- Put the humidifier back together, fill the tank with cool water and resume regular use.
- Optional: I like to add 2 to 3 drops of citrus essential oil (lemon, wild orange, tangerine, or grapefruit work well!) to every refill to kill bacteria. Pure citrus EOs are antibacterial.
Craft of the Month
Let’s make some simple ornaments that kids can do too!! Google an image of a snowflake. A snowflake that is the actual size of the ornament you would like to make. Grab a piece of wax paper and place it on top of the printed image of the snowflake, and then put dish detergent on the one of the wax paper facing up. With the side of wax paper that has the dish detergent on it being up, use a glue gun to trace the snowflake image into the wax paper. Let it cool completely and peel it up off of the wax paper. Now reinforce the snowflake by putting another layer of glue from the glue gun on top of the cooled snow flake. Let it completely dry. After it being dry, using a paint brush, brush on Elmer’s glue or Mod Podge on top of the snowflake. Now toss glitter all over it! Let it dry, flip it over and tie a hoop of string and glue it into the back. To help reinforce the glitter spray it down with some hairspray! And there you have elegant looking ornaments that are simple and easy!
Healthy Idea of the Month
Every holiday season I seem to find the weight just adds onto me. I can try and try to eat healthy, and every year I seem to fail. Until last year I realized the most of my personal weight gain came from my baking. I bake constantly around the holidays. It is always for gifts, neighbors, guests, special nights. I show my love with baked goods. I found the solution! Making edible arrangements! It’s easy, fun, and healthy (everyone enjoys it)! Here is a quick, step by step way of making them!
1. Grab a head of lettuce or half of a melon facing down and place it in its vase, pot or décor bucket. (you can always use a piece of styrofoam and wrap in foil)
2. Envision your bouquet! Clean and cut pieces of fruit. Dip apples into lemon juice to save from browning.
3. Skewer the fruit and cut the skewer to the length needed, and insert into the lettuce or melon.
4. Refrigerate immediately. And enjoy!